Watch as Mike explains the steps for how to install rear leaf springs.
- Start by putting in the front eye bolt. Do not tighten!
- Then attach the shackle again. Do not tighten!
- Raise the spring to the axle. Make sure the center bolt is in the hole.
- Install new U-bolts. Again, do not tighten.
- Reinstall the tire
- Lower the vehicle on to the tires
- Now torque and tighten all nuts and bolts
- Don’t forget to reinstall the shocks
And if you get discouraged, watch this video and see how simple the process is in practice!